Entrepreneurs du Monde places great importance on the protection and the respect of your private life. This policy outlines the manner in which we treat the personal information that we receive and that you provide. We invite you to carefully read the document presented in order to know and understand the practices we implement relating to personal data.
The Collection of Personal Data
We collect the following information once you subscribe to our newsletter or donate:
- Last Name
- First Name
- Zip Code
- Email Address
- Telephone Number
This information is in the private domain and will never be disclosed to third parties without your consent.
In addition, your computer’s IP address, software, browser type, browser plug-in details, local time zone, date and time of each user request (for example the entries and exits on each web page), language preferences, referring sites, device type (e.g. desktop or laptop, or Smartphone), screen size, depth of screen color, and system fonts are information that can be collected but are considered non-private data because they are not sufficient to identify, contact, or locate the owner of this information.
Regarding private financial information used particularly during donation transactions (information related to bank accounts …), protection and confidentiality are guaranteed.
The letters and emails that we send you
In accordance with the current legislation and your consent when it is requested, we can use the data that you provide to send you newsletters, invitations to our events, or any other information that might interest you concerning Entrepreneurs du Monde.
You can at any moment withdraw your consent by clicking on the unsubscribe link provided in all of our notifications and letters or by contacting us (see “Contact” section below)
On social media platforms (for example Facebook, Twitter etc.): you can stop this process at any time by adjusting the settings related to the privacy of your account.
Retention period of your data
- In the case where you have never donated to Entrepreneurs du monde, your Personal Data is archived (no longer active) after 5 years and erased from the system within one month upon request.
- In the case where you have donated to the Entrepreneurs du Monde Association or to the Entrepreneurs du Monde Foundation, your Personal Data is archived after 5 years and erased from the system within a month upon request. Financial data is retained for the duration required by the governing tax and accounting laws.
What are your rights to your Personal Data?
- Right to access: you have the right to receive a copy of your Personal Data in our possession.
- Right of cancellation and right of correction: you can also request the deletion of your Personal Data as well as the correction of erroneous or obsolete Personal Data.
- Right of opposition: you may oppose the processing of your data, when it is necessary for the fulfillment of a mission of public interest or for the legitimate interests of the data controller.
- Right of restriction: you have the right to limit data processing when you are opposed to it, when you dispute the accuracy of the data, when the processing is illicit, or when you need it for the recognition, the exercise, or the defense of your rights in court.
- Right to portability: you have the right to the portability of your data, that is to say the right to receive Personal Data that you have provided in a structured format, commonly used and readable by a machine, and the right to transmit this data to another controller.
You have the right to submit a complaint with the authority of a qualified supervisory or to obtain compensation from appropriate courts if you believe that we have not respected your rights.
You also have the right to set guidelines regarding the fate of your Personal Data after your death.
Cookies and similar technology
To know more, refer to our Cookie Charter.
- sending an email to our data protection officer at email@example.com .
- or by sending a letter to the following address: Entrepreneurs du Monde, 33 cours Albert Thomas, 69003 Lyon.
This charter was enacted on 25/05/2018.